Watch VideoIslam, the Quran, and the Five Pillars All Without a Flamewar: Crash Course World History #13Duration: 12:53
User: n/a – Added: 4/19/12Watch the video then answer the questions listed below.Islam: World History Crash Course #13
1. Islam’s story begins in the ________________ when the angel __________ appeared to _____________________ and told him to begin reciting the word of God. Slowly he came to accept the mantle of ______________.
2. Why do Muslims believe that God sent Muhammad as the final prophet?
3. List and describe the five pillars of Islam below:a. Shahada -b. Salat -c. Sawm -d. Zakat -e. _______ – the pilgrimage to Mecca that Muslims must try to fulfill at least once in their life
4. The Quraysh forced Muhammad and his followers out of Mecca in ______________ and so they headed to Medina. This journey marks ______________ in the Islamic calendar. In addition to being an important prophet, Muhammad was a _________________ and in 630 CE, the Islamic community took back Mecca. Muhammad later died in __________.
5. After Muhammad’s death, an initial disagreement between Muhammad’s father-in-law, Abu Bakr, and Muhammad’s son-in-law, Ali over who would become Caliph began the divide between the two major sects of Islam: ______________ and _________________.
6. Why does John Green argue that people of Western European descent remain largely ignorant about the time-period in which Islam arose? (hint: he answers the question before he makes the statement)
7. What’s the most interesting thing you learned about Muslims/Islam/Muhammad that you didn’t know prior to watching this Crash Course World History video?
Here is the link to the video ………. https://youtu.be/TpcbfxtdoI8