Be sure to include the following in your slides:
- Identify a business problem and develop an IT solution.
- Analyze the business and customer needs, so that you can advocate for an IT solution.
- Develop a presentation that succinctly describes the business problem and your IT solution. This presentation should be designed to convince a key business stakeholder of the value of your proposal.
This assignment has two parts: 1) develop an initial PowerPoint slides that you present to a peer, and 2) revise the PowerPoint slides based upon peer feedback with comments that explain the reasons for the changes on the slides. You will eventually submit this presentation in its final form in Assessment 5.
Consider the following while creating your presentation:
- What will be most convincing to the stakeholder?
- Potential business stakeholder(s) issues.
- Consider both human resource needs and new information technology requirements. The cultural and societal impacts are as important as the technology impact.
- Security safeguards.
- Human resources.
Part 1: Initial Presentation
For the first part of this assignment, do the following:
- Prepare a two-slide PowerPoint presentation.
- Choose a peer in your workplace or a friend who is an IT professional to whom you will give the presentation.
- Use any technology that allows you to meet in a synchronous environment (Skype, Google Hangouts, phone call, or others) if the presentation is being done virtually rather than face to face.
- Present your proposal to your peer. Limit the presentation to 15 minutes. The peer will respond to your presentation as if they were a business manager, deciding whether to fund the IT solution,
- As the business analyst, keep notes about what portion of the presentation was convincing and which parts of the proposal needed to be strengthened to meet your business goals.