1. There are numerous entities to which a healthcare organization might choose to voluntarily disclose Medicare or Medicaid billing errors. Name four of them.
2. Under the False Claims Act, there is a tangible benefit to an organization that discloses a violation within 30 days of becoming aware of it. What is the benefit?
3. Use the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit annual reports that can be found at https://oig.hhs.gov/ to determine which reviewed state has the highest and lowest convictions, civil judgments and settlements, as well as the amount of recovery.
Review 20 state reports to retrieve the data.
a) Create a spreadsheet or table to show the convictions, civil judgments and settlements, and amount of recovery for each state.
b). Identify the following:
– State with the highest number for each category
– State with the lowest number for each category
– Average number for each category