- Imagine you are an intern at a large publishing house. You have been assigned to work with an author writing a book on various personality theories. The author has tasked you with preparing an outline for a chapter on the psychoanalytic and psychosocial social theories of personality.
This assignment allows you to demonstrate how effectively you can compare and contrast psychoanalytic and psychosocial theories of personality.
Create a 525- to 700-word outline that includes the following:
- An overview of psychoanalytic and psychosocial social theories of personality
- A list of the similarities and differences between the two theories
- An explanation of their importance in a book on personality theories
- Include a reference page at the end of the outline. Use a citation generator, such as the Reference & Citation Generator in the Center for Writing Excellence for guidance on formatting your reference list using APA style. Consult the References page on the APA Style website for assistance. Don’t worry about perfection. If you make a mistake, your faculty member can help, so please let your faculty member know if you have any questions.