PowerPoint Presentation Project
Valencia is expanding its services into international markets opening markets in Ireland and Vietnam, and the projections are now twofold. After exhaustive research, you came up with the notion of using cloud computing technologies, and you have determined that this technology offers the best alternative for keeping the current customer and project requirements. you have been directed to analyze the situation and come up with a proposed solution for the chief information officer (CIO) and the sales manager. The time to implement is measured in months, not in years.
You also observed, during your research on cloud computing, that as enterprises move more of their IT resources to the cloud, protecting against security breaches is a top concern. IT executives often cite worries over security as a reason why they are not taking greater advantage of cloud services.
Your job is to persuade top management, including the sales manager, that this technology does the following:
- Offers the best solution in terms of cost, time to implement, and sustain.
- Reduces the cost of added infrastructure and technical personnel to maintain.
- Safeguards the privacy and confidentiality of customers’ data and helps protect organizational information from cyberattacks.
Oral Communication Parameters and Expectations:
- The presentation must be at least 6–8 content slides long, with each slide having narration in Standard English explaining the key ideas in each slide.
- In addition to the content slides, the presentation must include the title and reference slides.
- The oral presentation should have a highly developed and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Oral communication should be highly ordered, logical, and unified.
- The oral delivery technique, including word choice and oral expressiveness, must display exceptional content, organization, and style while leading the audience to a dynamic and supported conclusion.
- The narration must provide clear enunciation, a professional tone, and no background noise.
- The communication must be free of grammatical errors and show no evidence of plagiarism.
- You may use a theme provided with MS PowerPoint to format your presentation, or you may create your own style. A consistent background for all slides works best.
- Use text and background colors that provide sufficient contrast for readability. Dark text against a light background works well, but avoid extremes like black on white, vibrant or neon colors, or clashing contrasts like blue on red.
- Use a consistent, plain font such as Arial, Times New Roman, or Verdana throughout, and a readable font size such as 20 or 24.
- The presentation should contain sufficient information to adequately support the narration and contain no spelling, grammar, or APA errors. Remember that the slides will contain summary information of what you provide in your narration. Points deducted from grade for each writing, spelling, or grammar errors are at your instructor’s discretion according to the Undergraduate Writing Rubric located in Course Resources.
- Include both APA style in-text citations and a reference page for any sources you use to support your argument.