choose one case study to analyze either brenda or emilio
Part of your assignment requires you to use scholarly (peer-reviewed) articles to support your claims.
- You will need at least three sources for this assignment. Be sure to choose at least one resource that supports your theory and at least two resources that will help you explain how the research supports your claims.
You may use one of the following articles as one of your scholarly sources.
- You will need to find one other scholarly article to provide the additional information you will need about research on the topic.
- Rogers, A. A., Updegraff, K. A., Iida, M., Dishion, T. J., Doane, L. D., Corbin, W. C., Van Lenten, S. A., & Ha, T. (2018). Trajectories of positive and negative affect across the transition to college: The role of daily interactions with parents and friends. Developmental Psychology, 54(11), 2181–2192.
- Finan, L. J., Ohannessian, C. M., & Gordon, M. S. (2018). Trajectories of depressive symptoms from adolescence to emerging adulthood: The influence of parents, peers, and siblings. Developmental Psychology, 54(8), 1555–1567.
- Szwedo, D. E., Hessel, E. T., Loeb, E. L., Hafen, C. A., & Allen, J. P. (2017). Adolescent support seeking as a path to adult functional independence. Developmental Psychology, 53(5), 949–961.
- Chen, J., Krahn, H. J., Galambos, N. L., & Johnson, M. D. (2019). Wanting to be remembered: Intrinsically rewarding work and generativity in early midlife. Canadian Review of Sociology, 56(1), 30–48.
- Gallardo-Flores, A., Sánchez-Medina, J. A., & Fernández-Portero, C. (2018). Perception of health, well-being, and quality of life in female caregivers: Comparative study of a sample of adult and older women in Spain. Journal of Women & Aging, 30(5), 382–398.
- Miller, L. R. (2019). The perils and pleasures of aging: How women’s sexualities change across the life course. Sociological Quarterly, 60(3), 371–396.
- Assignment Instructions
HUMAN DEVELOPMENT: APPLICATION OF THEORY
Imagine that you are a caseworker or any other psychology professional gathering information from your client (Brenda or Emilio). Based on the information presented, consider the developmental challenges the person is facing.
- Then, identify at least two developmental theories (attachment, cognitive development, moral development, psychosocial development, et cetera), and apply the theories to understand the person in the scenario.
- While it is impossible to fully understand the person in the scenario based on the limited information provided, some developmental theories can provide context and offer a possible framework for understanding the person’s attitudes and behaviors.
Using the scenario and theories you selected, addressing the following:
- Give a brief overview of the chosen scenario in your own words.
- Describe the stage or stages of each theory that are most applicable to the current phase of life of the person discussed in the case study. Describe in some detail the stage of life according to the theory. (For example, in Erikson’s psychosocial development theory a four-year-old child is in the stage of “initiative versus guilt.”)
- Explain how the theory helps one to understand their development and situation.
- Search the library for at least two scholarly (peer-reviewed) articles that provide research about the concerns faced by the person in the chosen case study. You may also use one of the supplied articles.
- Describe how the research from the articles applies to the person in the scenario you selected.
- Apply the theories to describe how they help us to better understand this particular person in this phase of life based on the concerns and their impact on the person’s well-being.