Overall Discussion Forum Notes:
- You must make a primary post before you can see the other student posts.
- The primary post is due on Wednesday of the assigned week. Primary post made after Wednesday will receive a 10% penalty.
- You must reply to at least two other students after your primary post. The reply posts must be submitted by the due date.
- Reply posts must extend the overall conversation and be substantive. Simple reply posts or simple statements of agreement will receive point deductions.
- Any approved late submissions will receive a maximum score of 75%.
- Click the three dots in the upper right hand corner and review the scoring rubric.
Write a post for the Discussion on this topic, addressing the questions below. Each part should be 1–2 paragraphs or several bullet points in length.
Part 1: Identifying the Customer and Problem
Describe a primary decision maker in your target segment: who they are, what they like, how they make buying decisions. Describe the primary problem(s) your organization, product or service will help them solve.
Part 2: Factors Influencing Customer Decisions
Provide a brief profile of your target segment using at least three of the following categories:
- Geographic characteristics: e.g., location, region, population size or climate.
- Personal and demographic characteristics: e.g., age, gender, family size, family life stage, income, personality.
- Social and Psychological characteristics: e.g., culture, social class, lifestyle, motivation, attitudes, reference groups, beliefs.
- Situational characteristics: e.g., buying situation, level of involvement, market offerings, frequency of use, brand loyalty.
- B2B/organizational buying considerations: e.g., individual factors, organizational factors, business environment factors, types of complexity
Part 3: Reaching the Customer
Based on this profile, identify 2–3 marketing strategies or tactics you believe would be effective at reaching this target segment, and briefly explain why they are a good fit.
Part 4: Respond to Classmates’ Posts
After you have created your own post, look over the discussion posts of your classmates and respond to at least two of them.