In Chapters 8 and 9, we reviewed several types of global expansion strategies a company can undertake when entering new markets. For this assignment, you will read a case study about Starbucks’ expansion into the Indian market (p. 413 in the textbook) and then respond to, and make decisions, based on the following questions:
- What inspired Starbucks to venture in to India?
- What were some of the company’s early concerns and other obstacles?
- How would you describe Starbucks’ approach to entering India?
- how Starbucks was influenced by cultural differences to adapt its offerings for the Indian market?
- Why did Starbucks want to enter India through a joint venture? Specifically,
- what benefits did Starbucks and the Tara Group both gain by partnering with one another?
- What synergies were present?
- What conflicts occurred and how were they resolved?
- Now, assume the role of the Director of Starbucks’ Indian strategic planning team.
- You have been tasked to explore the benefits and challenges of expansion into foreign countries through joint-venture partnerships.
- Describe the opportunities, benefits, and concerns that Starbucks might face by doing so.
- Summarize the cultural environment, choose an entry strategy from the text, and describe how you would implement this entry strategy. Make sure you are very detailed in your explanation.
should meet the following requirements:
- Be 6 pages in length, which does not include the title page, abstract, or required reference page, which is never a part of the content minimum requirements.
- Use APA (7th ed) style guidelines.
- Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least 10 scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Please include in the answer Appendix ( Graph or table …)
· Use a standard format for responses to all questions (i.e., an introduction, middle paragraphs, headline (and conclusion).
· Make sure to include all the key points within conclusion section, which is discussed in the assignment. Your way of conclusion should be logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
· I would like to see more depth for the question
· Responses must be submitted as a MS Word Document only, typed double-spaced, using a standard font (i.e. Times New Roman) and 12 point type size.
· Plagiarism All work must be free of any form of plagiarism.
· Written answers into your own words. Do not simply cut and paste your answers from the Internet and do not copy your answers from the textbook