For this assignment, you will select a different company than in the prior assignment. You will create a financial risk mitigation plan to reduce overall costs and increase efficiency in operations for your selected company. Your strategy is to apply best practices for mitigating financial risk and fraud exposure in the company’s operations. You will conduct research to identify industry best practices for risk mitigation to reduce financial fraud exposure and then integrate the relevant best practices into the risk mitigation plan as appropriate for the company. Your findings and recommended strategies would be presented as a financial risk mitigation plan for your selected company.
Write a 5–6 page paper in which you:
- Describe a selected a company, its operations, and its associated industry and evaluate these areas to develop a financial risk mitigation plan.
- Evaluate at least three types of financial fraud common to the selected company and its associated industry supported with a detailed description of each type of financial fraud and how it can occur.
- Recommend at least two proposed strategies for mitigating financial risk and fraud exposure based upon financial methods, auditing techniques, and industry best practices used to mitigate financial risk.
- Provide at least four reliable, relevant, peer-reviewed references, published within the last five years that support the paper’s claims.
- Write with accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling in accordance with Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) style.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assessment is:
- Develop a recommendation for a given company to reduce financial fraud exposure through examination of risk mitigation strategies and applications.