For this Discussion, watch two feature length movies. One film is to be one in which the higher “Good” does not “Win.” The other film is to be one in which the higher “Good” does “Win.”
Choose films from the list “ARTH204 List of Film & Morality Movies” file found in the content for Week Two. You may also choose other films that meet the following criteria:
- No war or battle movies since that is a topic we will cover later in class
- No animation films for this Discussion.
- The film must not be ambivalent about the nature of goodness.
After watching these films, answer the following questions.
- Indicate which film fits into which category. When you name characters (or indicate the person by the actor) for the first time, please make sure you indicated which film the character is from.
- Of the two films you watched for this Discussion assignment, which one did you like or enjoy the most? Explain why?
- Briefly explain the nature of “goodness” in each film.
- Of the two films, which character do you consider to have the most “goodness.” Explain.
- For each of the films, what do you believe was the intended message regarding good vs. bad, morals, or ethics? Explain.
- Remember to place the film information for each movie at the bottom of your post using the Style Guide found in the Syllabus Content.